Litecoin-BAMT is a USB-bootable linux distro designed specifically for mining. It is a fork of the original BAMT project that supports scrypt mining and has been tested with Litecoin and other scrypt coins like Feathercoin.
!!THIS PAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR OFFICIAL LITECOIN-BAMT VERSIONS!!
Visit the official Litecoin BAMT discussion thread here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2924.0
Litecoin BAMT is built with different versions of the AMD Catalyst drivers. It is not advised that you switch driver versions unless you are ready to re-tune your cgminer configurations.
The "Litecoint BAMT Version" refers to the features in the change log.
Please note, only officially released Litecoin-BAMT releases are supported by our community, we are unable to support the third party hacks created by just anyone off the street. Thanks!
|Litecoin BAMT Version||7xxx Series||R7/R9 Series|
Please visit the Bugs page to report or get help with a bug you find in BAMT.
- Disabled the auto restart and fixed a few small security concerns.
- Shrunk image size
- Added new miners!
- -Vertminer 0.5.2 "the kev"
- -Sgminer 4.0.0 "troky" - Scrypt-N Enabled
- -Sgminer 4.1.0 "sph - DarkCoin/QubitCoin/Quark"
- -Cgminer 3.7.2 "kalroth"
- All miners and configs selectable from the bamt.conf file.
- No need to set scrypt type flags inside the bamt.conf file.
- Secondary USB drives now auto mount.
- fixed broken gpumon/mgpumon scripts
- added atheros driver via https://bitbucket.org/beebee/bamt/issue/4/add-lan-driver-for-gigabyte-mainboard
- added backports drivers from http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/kernel/
- updated starlilyth pool manager to Feb 5 - https://github.com/starlilyth/bamt-poolmanager/commit/f68bf6eb3c5ed56340ec3d2ab49d6b80e8d2dec0
- added sgminer pre 4.1.0 Feb 5 - https://github.com/veox/sgminer/commit/8dd1c2d4aff5e40e4a87f59fa09f8de3f2232fc1
- based on litecoin bamt 1.4.1 by honeybee: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2924.msg116877#msg116877
(1.4.1) (community release by honeybee: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2924.msg116877#msg116877 )
- AMD catalyst software Ver.14.1
- Intel´s e1000e network driver
- drivers for the latest radeon series cards
- the latest sgminer (4.0.0)
- support for 6 cards
- modified scripts which support litecoin mining/monitoring
Using win32 Disk Imager or dd, write the Litecoin-BAMT image you downloaded to a USB stick (2gb or larger).
Insert the USB stick into your mining rig and power it on. To run without a monitor, shut down first then start the machine with the monitor unplugged. Get the IP of your BAMT machine from your routers client list or from the BAMT desktop and connect to it using "Remote Desktop Connection" (or ssh) with the username 'user' and password 'live'.
Once connected to the BAMT desktop, open cgminer.conf (located in /etc/bamt) to edit the cgminer config:
To mine on the BAMT p2pool node, change the "user" to your LTC payment address:
The BAMT p2pool node (http://pool.sgminer.net:9327) features a low fee of 1% (lower than most competing pools), and income from this pool is invested in BAMT development!
Save your new config, and run "Restart mining sessions" to use the new settings:
What is a cgminer config? 
For getting the best hash rate, tweak your config: 
For some help with generating a config, try cgEasy
I've included my 620khash 7950 config in cgminer-7950oc.config. Make sure to edit the config the pool entries with your own!
Manually updating CGMinerEdit
mine stop cd /opt/miners mv cgminer cgminer_old
download/clone new cgminer code to /opt/miners/cgminer:
for sgminer only:
mkdir cgminer cd cgminer git clone https://github.com/veox/sgminer.git . cd ..
cp cgminer_old/ADL_SDK/*.h cgminer/ADL_SDK/ cd cgminer autoreconf -i CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure make
for sgminer only:
mv sgminer cgminer
Wireless LAN SetupEdit
Most Atheros chipsets are supported by default. If your Wireless LAN is not working out of the box, you may need to install drivers for it (and the associated firmware, as Debian does not include firmware for licensing reasons.)
If Linux drivers are not available for your chipset, you can try using ndiswrapper which is a container that allows you to use Windows drivers within Linux.
Resources: Aircrack-ng Compatibility Information: 
Debian Wi-fi Wiki: 
USB Linux Wireless: 
How To Compile Your Own Wireless Driver: (filenames and paths vary upon driver)
1. get linux source code from github
git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git rpi-linux
2. get firmware from github
git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware.git rpi-firmware
3. Compile the kernel module (varies upon driver, read the README or INSTALL file usually in the archive!)
cd rpi-linux make mrproper zcat /proc/config.gz > .config make modules_prepare
4. Install the kernel modules (varies upon driver, read the README or INSTALL file usually in the archive!)
cp /path/to/rpi-firmware/extra/Module.symvers . cd /path/to/rtl-8188eu CONFIG_RTL8188EU=m make -C /path/to/rpi-linux M=`pwd` copy 8188eu.ko to /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/driver/net/wireless depmod -a modprobe 8188eu
5. Check if the WLAN Interface is showing.
Manually updating Catalyst DriversEdit
1. uninstall old drivers:
sudo su mine stop cd /usr/share/ati ./fglrx-uninstall.sh --force
2. Download here, www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-linux-x86.x86_64.zip
cd /home/user/Downloads wget --referer=http://www.amd.com http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-catalyst-13.12-linux-x86.x86_64.zip
3. unpack,change to driver to be executable and stop xserver:
unzip amd-catalyst-13.12-linux-x86.x86_64.zip chmod +x amd-catalyst-13.12-linux-x86.x86_64.run service gdm stop rm amd-catalyst-13.12-linux-x86.x86_64.zip
4. Install drivers
5. Sync your usb drive
6. reboot rig
Connect to BAMT RDP from a Linux boxEdit
You need rdesktop to connect to your BAMT rigs xrdp server,
- Install rdesktop on your computer
sudo apt-get install rdesktop
- Connect with rdesktop from terminal to your rigs IP with user name: user and password: live
- (Type rdesktop in terminal to see more options)
rdesktop -u user -p live 192.168.1.xxx
Task Scheduling in BAMT (Auto-Reboot your Rig!)Edit
add this to the file you open with sudo crontab -e:
01 01 * * 0,4 /usr/bin/somedirectory/somecommand && /usr/bin/somedirectory/somecommand
that will run the specified command at 1 min past 01.00 on sunday and wednesday
VertCoin Mining with BAMTEdit
See the article on reddit:
#litecoin-bamt on freenode
Rigs and ConfigsEdit
See the Rigs_and_Configs page for examples of our community BAMT miners and the settings!